Button photo DTC.png  photo DT.png Button Button Button Button Button
Button

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Ranger Thursday: Dry Stickles

Happy Thursday Stickles Lovers!
 
On today's post, we are going to explore a tips & technique shared on the Ranger website,  Stickles™ Dry Fine Glitter Tips and Techniques
 
In addition to the traditional and well-loved Stickles Glitter Glue, you can also get Stickles in a dry powder.   I am huge mess maker when I craft.  I mean the glitter is EVERYWHERE.  So I, personally, only have few bottles of the dry glitter in my stash.  But I am always looking for new applications. 
 
The technique I played with, showcased on the Ranger website, is to use dry Stickles with heat embossing. 
 
I stared with a manila tag and distress inks.
 
And colored the tag. 
 
 
Using Versamark, a Peachy Keen background stamp, and clear fine grain embossing powder, I began creating a background for my tag.  *Note - the Ranger post used a Sticky Embossing powder.  I do not own any.......yet.  :=)

 
 
The Ranger post states to add the dry Stickles while the embossing is still hot. 
I added the glitter just after heating the powder.  Unfortunately, I did not have much stick to the powder.  In order to get it to stick well, I had to reheat small sections at a time and press into the dry Stickles while the section was still quite hot.   
 


I think I would have had a better result if I had used a colored embossing power with larger granules.  Possibly if I had used a less detailed stamp may have helped.  These two things probably would have provided more surface area for the glitter to adhere to.  And of course, if I had used the Sticky Embossing powder, probably a better result.  
 
 
All-in-all, this was a fun technique and did bring some dimension to my tag. 

 
Now, let's see what you can do!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment