Button photo DTC.png  photo DT.png Button Button Button Button Button
Button

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pile Up Wednesday: Fall Surprise

Hello Stickles Lovers! Welcome to Wednesday!!!! Cathy here from the ATS Design Team bringing you another Pile Up Wednesday. In the spirit of our Fall Harvest Linky Party I have two Pile Up creations to show you.

Here's the first creation.
Now I know what you are thinking; "Where's the Pile Up"? Does this even have Stickles on it?
Take a closer look, that's Distressed Stickles Vintage Photo on the tree. I've learned from previous mistakes and embossed my tree first since I'd used a water base ink to stamp the image. If you apply Stickles (which are water based and WET) over a water based ink, the color will run.
I know, still not much of a Pile Up. Are you ready for the surprise? Pop open the card and......
An adorable Fall themed image from our awesome sponsor Bugaboo. The image is called Fall Scarecrow. I recently attended a Surprise Card Class and this was one of the layouts we worked on. I tweaked it to fit my Pile Up craving.

The image is colored with Copics and then Stickled up with Distress Stickles. The images includes 8 Distressed Stickles (Antique Bronze, Peeled Paint, Broken China, Brushed Pewter, Fired Brick, Scattered Straw, Rock Candy, Vintage Photo) 

I created some straw with a few scraps of cardstock. After they were glued on the back of my image I crunched them up a bit and added touches of Scattered Straw Distressed Stickles.
This angle gives you a better idea of where the Stickles are placed. You'll notice that the Distressed Stickles aren't as shiny as the standard version. They give more of a textural feel than glitz. The bits of shine on the post and band of scarecrows hat are from Sepia Accents. 

Here's my second card that comes from the Cathy archives. I was a Stickles Pile Up fanatic long before I joined this awesome Design Team.

This is my before Stickles card using a Fluffles image.

Here it is with some yummy Stickles and Sepia Accents added to the leaves and center of the chipboard sunflower. 

Much better, don't you think? 

That's all I have for you today. I hope you will join my Stickles Pile Up movement and share your creation. The clocks ticking, but you still have time to join in the Fall Harvest Linky Party. 

Thanks for coming to the Pile Up! I'll see you with another creation in a fort night.
~ Cathy, ATS Design Team

2 comments:

  1. Cool cards! A great Pile On post! I love how you Stickled the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness!!!! I love all the cards.. but the first one is amazing..
    Laura

    ReplyDelete