Button photo DTC.png  photo DT.png Button Button Button Button Button
Button

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tips & Techniques Tuesday: Stickled Waves



It's Tuesday!  Good news for "TUE" reasons!  First, it's not Monday!  And second, it's time for a Tips and Techniques! Karen here from Craftily Yours, and I am super excited to show you how to use some of those gorgeous Stickles to make waves! 

First, I cut a card mat (with a circle in the middle) and a smaller mat to go behind it.


I used Timeless Twine in light blue and glued one piece across the mat using my glue.  Of course, I made it wavy.  Then I laid a strip of True Blue Stickles just below the first piece and laid another strip of twine down.  Remember, Stickles isn't just glittery goodness, it's glittery GLUE!
 

I kept putting down Stickles and layering up the twine until I got enough twine down to fill the hole in my mat.  I alternated using Stickles in True Blue, Waterfall, and Turquoise to add some dimension.  When I was done, I put a little extra Stickles on top just to make sure it was good and sparkly - like the water at the ocean!
 

It's ok if there are some spaces because you can just fill 'em in with more Stickles!  Once it dried, I trimmed the edges and used it to make this cute birthday card!  The boat is a cut from the Cameo store that I colored in with copic markers and TH distress ink.....and I added some sky with distress as well.

I added some Christmas Red Stickles to the flag and embellished it with a little Snug Hug ribbon and a nautical brad!

I really love how the card turned out!  It looks like it took a long time, but the whole card took me about 20 minutes!

Hope I've inspired you to make some waves!

Craftily yours,

Karen


5 comments:

  1. this is so cute and tfs. love it. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea and your card came out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT technique Karen!! I love the baker's twine as the waves and STickles takes it totally over the top!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looove all that glittery goodness!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the awesome technique Karen... love it and will use it with my digis... HUGS...SK :)
    SKdigis

    ReplyDelete