Button photo DTC.png  photo DT.png Button Button Button Button Button
Button

Monday, August 26, 2013

Mixed Media Monday: Flower from my Garden




Good Monday to everyone!
Here is one of the cards in a bigger ongoing project I am working on.  It is a mixed Media project in the works.  This card is made from paper that I painted with pastels and inked.  The violet in the circle is actually a dried flower from my garden.  I thought it was fitting to the ongoing Linky Party theme: The Great Outdoors and Nature.  I do love flowers and I have quite a lot of gardens that show this.  However, this year I find myself doing a lot less gardening and more crafting.  Next on my list is to gather the Mums from my garden and dry those, and the rose hips, and the Ivy, and the....


  Actually, this started as a bigger project but an "opportunity" presented itself and I made a smaller project.


For the project one needs:
A pre folded card (or make one from plain card stock)
A sheet of water colour paper larger than the card. (Canson)
Gelatos; pinks, blues, mauves (Faber Castell)
Pitt pens: red, blue (Faber Castell)
Stamps (I used the clear acrylic stamps that came with the gelato sets) and acrylic block(s)
Double sided tape (3M)
Ribbons (long enough to place width wise on card)
Dried flower (this one came from my garden)
Lavender Stickles (Ranger)
Modge Podge
A sponge
A scrap of white card stock
A stamp with a sentiment (this one is from Michaels)
A large circle punch (Recollections)
A tag punch (Stampin' Up!)
A spray bottle filled with water

On my blog Annmakes I go into more details of how I put this together, minus the drying instructions!
I hope that you enjoyed your visit here today and please join us over at the Linky Party and show us your creations.  

Thanks for visiting!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment